As a follow up from my previous post, and with Halloween being only 2 weeks away, I wanted to share with you a few of my favourite costume ideas for Halloween that can be easily bought from a thrift shop, or even with the things you already have in your closet!
Image source: Lyndsay Picardal
1.Wednesday Addams – all you need is a little black dress to wear over a white collared shirt. A bonus if you can find some white or black long socks/stockings. You will also definitely get the chance to wear the white shirt and black dress again, whether you wear it together or separately, you can’t go wrong with a simple white top and a pair of jeans or a little black dress!
Image source: Sara du Jour
2. Audrey Breakfast at Tiffany’s – another easy costume where you’ll need a little black dress (you can never go wrong with the little black dress! It’s a must-have in every girl’s wardrobe). Finish the look off with black gloves, sunnies, heels and a pearl necklace and earings. Bonus if you can find a cigarette holder.
Image source: Blonde Banter
3. Cher from Clueless – as most thrift stores have pretty funky things, it shouldn’t be hard to find a plaid blazer. To complete the look, you’ll need a mini skirt (even better if you can find a plaid and matching one, I’m only saying this from experience because I’ve definitely spotted a few sets in the countless thrift stores I’ve been to!), a white shirt, and knee high socks. Bonus if you have an old school flip phone and basically designer anything.
Image source: Popsugar
4. Tom Cruise from Risky Business – you might not even need to go to the thrift shop for this. All you need is an oversized white button-up shirt (if you don’t own one go raid your boyfriend’s/dad’s wardrobe!), some white socks and black sunnies.
Image source: Pinterest
5. Prom Queen or Bridesmaid – what girl doesn’t like having an occasion where they can dress nicely? You’re bound to find a few extravagant dresses from thrift stores, or if you could even ask your friends for their old prom/formal dresses.
Image source: Capital Xtra
6. Macklemore from Thrift Shop – best costume of all. You’ll need a huge fur coat that’s both ridiculous and fabulous at the same time, and basically anything animal print.
And don’t forget you can always spice up your costume with a little makeup!
Image source: UKCN
What are your favourite Halloween costumes?